[Mailman-Users] unknown mailer problems

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Mar 24 21:20:21 CET 2005

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>    Hrm, yes, that would be a problem (I just tested it and it's indeed
> visible to everyone, despite the URL difference.)

    Errr, I was wrong.  It helps if I wasn't the one logged in, making
administrative changes, and also checking on the archives at the same
time.  Once I used a different browser, it worked just fine (non-members
and not-logged-in members can't get to the private archives.)  So, that
means that so far, mailman is working quite nicely within a suexec
environment, with the set-gid bit removed from all the scripts that
reside in /cgi-bin/.  Disclaimer: I'm still not 100% sure whether
removing the set-gid bits will have any adverse complications later.
I'm still in the early stages of testing.  So please don't quote me on
it working fine under this environment.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.