[Mailman-Users] mail -r?

Matthew A. Marshall Matthew.Marshall at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 23 21:50:16 CET 2005

Hello. I've just converted from mailman 2.0.x to mailman 2.1.x.  After
sending the confirmation back to the list-request email address, I
receive this error:

mail: invalid option -- r
Usage: mail [-iInv] [-s subject] [-c cc-addr] [-b bcc-addr] to-addr ...
            [- sendmail-options ...]
       mail [-iInNv] -f [name]
       mail [-iInNv] [-u user]
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 1

Also, if I attempt to run the mailman command from the command-line I
receive this:

Group mismatch error. Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as one of the following groups:
[mail, postfix, mailman, nobody],
but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group: "root".
Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as one of these groups:
[mail, postfix, mailman, nobody],
or re-run configure providing the command line option:
'--with-mail-gid=root'.

The mailman command is chgrp'd to mailman with the group sticky bit enabled.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Thanks,
--Matt