[Mailman-Users] AOL Issues

Martin Dennett md69 at md69.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 21:18:47 CET 2005

Dave Dewey wrote:

>Quoting Heather Madrone (heather at madrone.com):
>

>>This has been happening on and off for some time.  There's no good
>>way to tell which address is reporting the list as spam (AOL certainly
>>won't tell you), so it cannot be easily removed.
>>

>Actually there is.  If you use VERP and setup a feedback loop through AOL,
>the complainer's email address is included in the complaint sent back to you
>through the loop.

Having had a similar problem over the last 48 hours or so, it appears
that the IP address of my mailing list doesn't have a Reverse DNS, as
opposed to my web site which does. I just have to contact my mail
provider to get the issue sorted and AOL will add that IP to their White
List, and hopefully the issue will be solved.

Quite why it's taken AOL over a month with a steady flow of traffic to
realise this is another issue....

MD