[Mailman-Users] Mailman admin page is blank.

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Wed Mar 23 01:58:59 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 01:01:26PM -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Rabbie Zalaf wrote:
> >
> >I meant:
> >
> >http://www.commoncents.net.au/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/test/
> >
> >and I added
> >
> >ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/mailman /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/
>
> The more normal thing would be
>
> ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/
>
> for the Apache config and
>
> http://www.commoncents.net.au/mailman/admin/test/
>
> for the URL, but what you have should work.

And note that if you do want the cgi-bin to be part of your URL
for some reason, make sure it is included in DEFAULT_URL in
your mm_cfg.py (which will be reflected in the web_page_url
value for each list).

> BTW, if as it seems this is a new installation, why are you installing
> 2.0.11 instead of 2.1.5 or 2.1.6 beta?

I have to reiterate Mark's question... Are you *sure* you want
to install a 3+ year old version?  2.1.5 contains numerous
improvements.  (And the 2.1.6beta contains fixes for some of
the known problems in 2.1.5.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/