[Mailman-Users] Security update for 2.1.5

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Mar 22 10:25:10 CET 2005

At 8:09 PM +1100 2005-03-22, Terry Allen wrote:

>  	I tried applying the security patch for 2.1.5 which is listed on the
>  website - but got a number of errors - can anyone outline the procedure
>  for implementing the patch please, whether it's by running the patch
>  or replacing lines of code within certain files - any assistance would
>  be appreciated.

	You need to use the program "patch" to apply the patch as
provided.  Note that Python is sensitive to indentation and the use
of tab characters versus spaces, so you can't just cut-n-paste what
you see.  You either need to make sure that the indentation perfectly
matches what is present in the files being modified, or you need to
use the program "patch" to do that for you.

	If you have stored the security patch in a file called
"patchfile", and you have placed that file in the appropriate
directory, it should be as simple as this:

		# patch < patchfile

	And the program should be able to figure out the rest by reading
the patchfile and applying that to the code in the appropriate places.

>  	For information, the system I am trying to update is OSX 10.3.8 with
>  Mailman 2.1.5 & the developers tools installed. Many thanks.

	At the command-line prompt, do "man patch" to see how this program works.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755