[Mailman-Users] Additional Customization of Message Templates?

Adrian Wells adrian at whatifnet.com
Mon Mar 21 18:27:26 CET 2005

Hello all,

I am working with Mailman 2.1.5 on OS X 10.2.8 with Python 2.2 (I realize
that this version of Python is not supported with Mailman 2.1.5 but I did
not discover this until recently so some changes already to allow things
to work fairly well until I can update Python).

I have two questions concerning customizing message templates that I have
not yet found answers for in the FAQ or mail archives (if I missed
something please let me know and in that case I apologize for posting this
message):

1)  How does one access list specific variables such as 'description' and
'info' in templates such as verify.txt and subscribeack.txt?
It sounds like this is possible by modifying MailList.py.  In fact there
appears to be a previous thread on this subject
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg29827.html>.
Does the information in this apply to this question?

2)  How does one customize the From and Subject fields in the Welcome or
Goodbye messages sent out from a list?
It would be great if the value used in the From field was taken from the
"Explicit Reply-To: header" specified under General Options on Mailman's
default administrative web interface.

Thank you,
-Adrian