[Mailman-Users] sending html emails using mailman

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Mar 21 10:44:32 CET 2005

At 6:28 PM -0500 2005-03-20, Juliann Mills wrote:

>  I am a new systems administrator, (mailman was configured by the
>  old sysadmin).  One of the list administrators want to send html emails.
>  she says now that she is unable to do so now.  Here is what our config
>  file looks like now.  What changes do I have to make to allow her to
>  send html emails?

	The configuration you have shown us has nothing to do with the
sending of HTML e-mail.

	Try going to the web admin interface for the list, then go to the
"Content filtering" page.  Look at the first radio button, and see if
it is set to "Yes" or "No".  If it is set to "Yes", look at the two
fields below.  Normally, the upper field is empty (labeled
"filter_mime_types"), and the lower field has a few entries.

	If that's true for you, then make sure that the lower field
contains at least the following lines:

		multipart/mixed
		multipart/alternative
		text/plain
		application/pgp-signature
		multipart/signed
		text/html

	Also look at the radio button below the second field (labeled
convert_html_to_plaintext), and make sure that it is set to "No".

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755