[Mailman-Users] loss of messages with text attachment

Richelle Jean jean at scmbb.ulb.ac.be
Fri Mar 18 08:51:06 CET 2005

Thank you for your help !

Le 17 mars 05, à 16:02, Mark Sapiro a écrit :

> Richelle Jean wrote:
>>
>> The messages sent to our local mailman lists never arrive to the list
>> members if they have any kind of attachment even text/plain.  But the
>> messages with text/plain attachments appear in the archive. The other
>> messages appear in the archive only after using unshunt.
>
> There should be messages in Mailman's 'error' log relating to the
> shunted messages.

Unfortunately there is nothing in the error log concerning the messages
that are not transmitted to the list members but appear in the
archives.

>> The configuration of Content filtering is to enable filtering and
>> remove message attachments that does not match multipart/mixed,
>> text/plain .
>> Is there any other settings elsewhere that interfere with handling
>> message having attachments ?
>
> See
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-January/042239.html
> and the references therein regarding content filtering.

 From the references you are giving, I conclude that it is only in the
"Content filtering" section that there are settings for how attachments
are handled.

--
Jean Richelle <jean at amaze.ulb.ac.be>
The aMAZE Project                                         Tel: +32 (0)2