[Mailman-Users] Changing default text in rejection notice

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 18 05:56:45 CET 2005

Sajesh Singh wrote:

>Strangest thing. I left mailman alone last night and when I can in this
>morning and ran another test without making any other configuration
>changes it worked. Could it be that one of the nightly cron jobs is
>running a command that I need to run after making changes to the .py files ?

Not exactly. When the qrunners are started by the master mailmanctl
process, they import (and cache) all the mailman modules they use.
Thus, whenever you make changes to any *.py modules, you need to do

bin/mailmanctl restart

to make sure that the changed modules will get recompiled and reloaded
into all processes. If the changed module had not been recompiled, it
is quite likely that a cron job referenced it and forced the
recompile, but I'm not sure whether this in itself would have caused
it to be reloaded into the cache of the qrunner processes or if some
other event triggered it.

The answer is as I said above. Any time you change any *.py files, do

bin/mailmanctl restart

when you're done.