[Mailman-Users] Re: OSX mailman problem

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Mar 16 10:10:08 CET 2005

At 10:37 AM -0500 2005-03-15, Oliver Dow wrote:

>  I love your mailing list which I configured through Mac OS X sever GUI.

	Ahh.  Please note that Apple has made a number of modifications
to that version of Mailman, and they have not shared with us their
changes.  Our ability to support that version of Mailman is greatly
reduced.  Please see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.021.htp>.

>  PID unreadable in: /private/var/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid
>  [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>  '/private/var/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid'
>  Is qrunner even running?

	Are you sure the directory path /private/var/mailman/data
actually exists, and that it has the correct ownership and
permissions, so that Mailman can write to it?  Perhaps you have
another process somewhere on the system that is accidentally deleting
some part of this directory hierarchy?

>  Mar 15 10:20:59 2005 mailmanctl(1178): PID unreadable in:
>  /private/var/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid
>  Mar 15 10:20:59 2005 mailmanctl(1178): [Errno 2] No such file or
>  directory: '/private/var/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid'
>  Mar 15 10:20:59 2005 mailmanctl(1178): Is qrunner even running?

	Right, it sent to the log the same information it gave you on the
command-line.

>  I have restarted the server and service. I have recreated the original
>  mailman from scratch again - still no joy.

	Short of having you check the path ownership and permissions, and
look for rogue processes on your system that may be deleting some
part of the path or changing the ownership or permissions to
something else, I don't know that we'll be able to provide much help.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755