[Mailman-Users] Using Mailman for High Volume Subscription Mailings... and High Availability

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Mar 15 10:11:53 CET 2005

At 12:05 AM -0500 2005-03-15, Forrest Aldrich wrote:

>  I gather this, from all the searching I've done.    I've not really found
>  any useful information about scaling and high-availabilty/redundancy in
>  the FAQ or anywhere else.

	There is some scalability information in the FAQ.  Go to the FAQ
Wizard and search for "performance".  If you want more details,
you'll need to go to the archives of the mailing list where people
talked about things that have been summarized in the FAQ.

	There's also been some information that's been shared privately
-- if you find the people that have talked publicly about how they
have gone about handling scalability or HA issues, they may be
willing/able to share additional details with you that they have not
made public.

>  The HA solution will very likely be solved with a stable database/backend
>  hook where we can store/retrieve Mailman's information -- standard
>  scalablity on that side will be relatively straightforward.

	There is a MySQL MemberAdapter.

>  I've not looked into the MyslqMembership hack yet.   Has anyone used this?

	I know they have, because it wouldn't exist otherwise.  However,
I'll let the appropriate speak up for themselves.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755