[Mailman-Users] News-to-mail gateway

Puiu @ Xentra hpuiu at xentra.ro
Tue Mar 15 10:26:01 CET 2005

Hi,

I have been posting this message to sf.net first, they said it
should be reported as a bug on Mailman's sf.net project. Done that
but they said it should be posted on the mailing list, so here I am :)

I have installed a news server, but one of the developers
works in a company with very strict internet policy (only
emails, no HTTP or NNTP or anything else ), so I have
set up a mailing list for each news group and configured
them to synchronise with the news groups through mail-
to-news gateway settings in GNU mailman. The problem
is I don't know how often the mail-to-news and news-to-
mail sync occurs. I have sent a message to one of the
news group a hour ago and it didn't showed up on mailing
list yet. Can this time be adjusted ? Because if
the sync time is too big the discussions would not be
possible.

It passed 4 days from then and now I know for sure
that messages from the news groups are not getting to the mailing list.
I have selected both mail-to-news and news-to-mail
all messages posted to the list appears on the news groups,
but nothing posted on the news-groups shows up in the mailing lists.
I am using GNU Mailman from sf.net site.

Hope I'll find a solution soon.

Regards,
Puiu Hrenciuc.