[Mailman-Users] Cancel Rest of Traffic?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 15 01:06:14 CET 2005

Hunter Hillegas wrote:

>We sent out a large mailing and mailman 2.1.5/postfix processed it quite
>well.
>
>Right now we're seeing bounces come back and the system trying to redeliver
>queued messages, etc...
>
>This was a one shot deal and the bounces really aren't that important to
>record.
>
>Is there a way that we can send them to /dev/null and empty the postfix
>queue?

It seems this is a Postfix issue, not a Mailman issue, at least as far
as the messages still queued for delivery is concerned.

If you don't want to process any future returned bounces, you could
probably just change the <listname>-aliases address to pipe the
message to the bit bucket.

As far as emptying the Postfix queue goes, this would be better persued
using lists or other resources dedicated to Postfix rather than
Mailman.