[Mailman-Users] "Uncaught bounce notification" question/problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 11 02:23:03 CET 2005

The header - X-BeenThere: boguslist at bogusdomain.org

I'm guessing that these headers came from the "unrecognized bounce"
e-mail that you received. If that is the case, the "reply" contains
way too many headers from the original message that should not be
included in a reply. Rather than a "reply", it looks like a redirect
or resend.

But then, if these are headers from the bounce, I don't know why it
would be unrecognized as the reply address
<boguslist-bounces+jonesl=rcbhsc.xxx.edu at bogusdomain.org> appears to
be a VERP like address that should always be recognizable regardless
of message content.