[Mailman-Users] subscribeack.txt ?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Mar 10 23:12:56 CET 2005

At 12:27 PM -0800 2005-03-10, Dana Rasmussen wrote:

>  I understand that additions to the welcome message can be made through
>  the admin pages.

	Some changes, yes.

>  I searched the FAQs and found that the file templates/subscribeack.txt
>  can be modified as well.

	True.

>  Can I have a different version of subscribeack.txt for each list on
>  my mailman server?

	Yes.  In fact, you can have a different one for each language
supported by each mailing list.

>  I am unsure of the pathname location for my modified vesion of
>  sbscribeack.txt.  The FAQs say to "create a directory
>  lists/<yourlist>/en (assumming English :) and copy
>  templates/subscribeack.txt to this directory."

	That's correct.

>  What is the fully qualified pathname for my modified version
>  of subscribeack.txt?  One of my lists name is "scayso".

	It all depends on where your machine puts the Mailman stuff.  By
default, that's normally put into /usr/local/mailman, but that
default may not be applicable to your installation.

>  Would it be /mailman/lists/scayso/en/subscribeack.txt?

	It could be.  Does your machine put all the Mailman stuff under
/mailman?  If so, then you're probably correct.

>  For additional lists would the pathname be
>  /mailman/lists/<list name>/en/subscribeack.txt?

	Assuming the answer to the previous question is "Yes", then you
have also figured out the answer to this question.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755