[Mailman-Users] Misinterpretation of Re : prefix

Henri Brouchoud henri.brouchoud at cirad.fr
Tue Mar 8 16:47:26 CET 2005

Hi,

I have installed mailman 2.1.6b4 and have a problem with email
subscription. After sending a subscribe request to mylist-request, I try
to send the confirm email just by replying to the confirmation notice.
As mentionned in the email additionnal "Re: " prefix should be accepted.

Except for Outlook which set this subject prefix to "Re : " (note that
in this case the prefix contains two tokens). Outlook express and
Netscape put the rigt prefix "Re: ". After some tests, it seems that any
one-token prefix is accepted ("XXXXX" for instance).
And this is my problem. I would like to modify the code to accept at
least both patterns ("Re : " and "Re: "), but I don't know where the
decoding of the subject is done. I guess it is a regexp ?

As the suscribers of my list are attended to be very non software people
at all, I want absolutely to facilitate the subscription process and
that it works with any well known email software very easily.

Could someone help me to fix that problem ?

Thanks in advance

Henri