[Mailman-Users] Spanish version option page

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 8 20:04:53 CET 2005

Aaron Crosman wrote:

>> From: Mark Sapiro [mailto:msapiro at value.net]

<snip>

>> The first thing to check is the Spanish language template for
>> the page.
>> The base template is templates/es/options.html, but there
>> could also be a site edited template at
>> templates/site/es/options.html or a domain specific edited
>> template at templates/<host-name>/es/options.html or a list
>> specific edited template at lists/<list-name>/es/options.html.

<snip>

>While this was wonderfully helpful information for other projects that I'm working on, it didn't resolve the issue with the user options page for the Spanish version.  Yesterday I downloaded the options.html from the CVS tree and replaced the copy that was there, and restarted mailman, but that didn't help.  They are seeing a mix of Python/HTML code in the page.  Could there be something wrong in the data for the list that could cause this?  I ran check_perms and check_db and neither found anything.  Or is there some parsing code that applies only to non-English pages that might be corrupt? The following is an excerpt of the source code seen by the browser:

I still think it's a template problem. When I search the templates
directory in either 2.1.4 or 2.1.5 for various fragments of the above
text, I get results similar to the following:

[msapiro at msapiro ...mailman-2.1.4/templates]$ grep -r scrito\ a\ la *
es/options.html:        est&aacute; subscrito a la lista de
distribuci&oacute;n,

es/userpass.txt:recuerde la clave con la que está subscrito a la lista
de distri
bución
es/userpass.txt:La dirección con la que está subscrito a la lista es:
[msapiro at msapiro ...mailman-2.1.4/templates]$

grep -r suscrito *

finds nothing in the templates/ directory for 2.1.4, 2.1.5 or 2.1.6b4.

In other words, I can't find anything that correlates with the text in
the above excerpt in any templates.

Are you certain that none of the files

lists/<list-name>/es/options.html or
templates/<host-name>/es/options.html or
templates/site/es/options.html

exists. If any one or more of these exists, it will take precedence (in
the above order) over the templates/es/options.html template.