[Mailman-Users] false link to archives on listinfo/listname

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 8 18:31:11 CET 2005

Markus Darges wrote:

>I changed DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST in mm_cfg.py. After
>that I used /bin/withlist -l -r fix_url listname -u newhostname to fix
>the links which works fine for the subscriber link on the
>listinfo/listname page but not for the link to the archives there. How
>can I fix it?
>I use the rpm of mailman 2.1.5 on a fedora3 system.

I assume this is a public archive, since a private archive would not
depend on anything beyond what you've done.

Check to see if you've made any changes (in mm_cfg.py) to

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'

The 'hostname' in this URL comes from looking up the list's host_name
attribute in an inverted VIRTUAL_HOSTS dictionary. The host_name
attribute should be correct after 'fix_url', but if your VIRTUAL_HOSTS
dictionary is messed up or has the same 'email host' value for
multiple 'url host' keys, this could be a problem.

Following your redefinition of DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST
in mm_cfg.py, you should have

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

followed by add_virtualhost() lines for other virtual hosts if any.

See http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp