[Mailman-Users] sender bounce line?

dave at umiacs.umd.edu dave at umiacs.umd.edu
Mon Mar 7 14:18:09 CET 2005

We have a list that appears to be filtered by recipients at verizon.
Specifically, they can post but never receive and are ultimately
unsubscribed due to bounces.  mailman logs look otherwise normal.
The theory is that the line:

Sender:LISTNAME-bounces at ourdomain.com

triggers filtering by verizon which sounds bogus to me. More likely, it's
the users MUA as defined in
   http://www.washington.edu/computing/mailman/faqs/mailman.header.html

Haven't had a chance yet to talk to one of these people and get more
details and try to talk directly to port 25 and add that line. If
that is the case, I'm tempted to modify the bounces alias for that
list altho that seems a harsh way to fix things.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is the above header configurable?
Can it be turned off somehow?

Thanks

  David Stern                                    University of Maryland
            Institute for Advanced Computer Studies