[Mailman-Users] Postfix problem: Local deliveriesarebeing smtp delivered instead

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Fri Mar 4 12:05:11 CET 2005

Brad Knowles said:

> 	A few seconds Googling for "postfix mail loops back to myself"
> turns up the page at <http://www.topology.org/linux/postfixloop.html>
> as the third link.

A link which does not describe the problem I am having in the slightest.

> 	Moreover, a few seconds spent searching for the answer on your
> part means that those of us who have run into this problem before
> don't have to sit down and spend a lot of time to effectively
> re-invent the wheel in order to try to put together an explanation of
> the sort seen at <http://www.topology.org/linux/postfixloop.html>.

I have spent _three full days_ trying to search for the answer to this
problem, not a few seconds. I have googled forwards backwards and
sideways, I have jacked up the logging, I now completely understand what
Postfix is trying to do (it is delivering local mail via the smtp
transport, no clue why) but I cannot find the solution and neither could
anybody on the postfix list.

Please do not assume that all mailing list posters are lazy or stupid, or
that every problem out there is trivially answered by the third link down
on Google. A few seconds of reading a post may cause you to think the
answer is trivial, but a few more seconds of reading it would have shown
that the problem isn't that simple.

As I said, I posted here in an effort to find out if anybody else has had
a problem integrating mailman and postfix virtual mail config. If nobody
can help me, then so be it, but I've had enough of a trying time with this
problem over the last three days, I don't need flame bait piled on top of
it.

Regards,
Graham