[Mailman-Users] I cannot sync my plainfile with mailman

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Thu Mar 3 16:55:48 CET 2005

Hi,

i tried today to sync a flat file with mailman with the script
bin/sync_members -n -f <file> list

But if i do this i get the errormessage:
Dry run mode
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/sync_members", line 286, in ?
    main()
  File "bin/sync_members", line 259, in main
    s = email.Utils.formataddr((name, addr)).encode(enc, 'replace')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xfc in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)

It seems, that the programm has problem with german "Umlaute" how can
i fix this?

--
Thx
Matthias