[Mailman-Users] Need help with "content filtering"

Pete Holsberg pjh42 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 00:42:08 CET 2005

I would like for members of the list I run to be able to
send HTML-encoded emails and any attachments except pictures.

"Remove message attachments that have a matching content
type" contains:
image

"Remove message attachments that don't have a matching
content type" contains:
multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain
text/html

"Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text?" is NO

As a test I copied an HTML file that was open in Word (it
contained a single line), pasted it into Outlook (set for
HTML) and sent it to my list. I got the following repsonse:

"The attached message matched the
4sam-4seasonsatmapleton.org mailing
list's content filtering rules and was prevented from being
forwarded
on to the list membership.  You are receiving the only
remaining copy
of the discarded message."

One of the attachments contained this:

BODY { MARGIN-TOP: 25px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 25px;
COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY:
Arial, Helvetica } P.msoNormal { MARGIN-TOP: 0px; FONT-SIZE:
10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px;
COLOR: #ffffcc; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica, "Times New Roman" }
LI.msoNormal { MARGIN-TOP:

   Sunday, April 10, 2005

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.