[Mailman-Users] Sender Filters

karlkras at comcast.net karlkras at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 18:28:40 CET 2005

I'm configuring a 'newsletter' list so all of the standard members are flagged as moderated and, since I don't want to allow them to post messages to the list, I would like such messages to be sent to the moderator to be considered while sending a "rejection" notice back to the member notifying of this.

>From my interpretation of the configuration interface what I would really like is a hybrid between member_moderation_action = 'reject' && 'hold' but this wouldn't appear possible. i.e., I'd like to be able to hold the message for approval by the list moderators, while automatically rejecting the message by sending a bounce notice to the post's author.

Is there another not so obvious way to accomplish this?

regards,
Karl