[Mailman-Users] mailman/data directory

Young, Darren Darren.Young at ChicagoGSB.edu
Wed Mar 2 12:23:38 CET 2005

What are the heldmsg files in the Mailman data directory? They all seem
to be held messages for lists, yes?

On that note, the file in the lists/<listname> directory, called
request.pck, is that a pointer to all of those files specific to that
list?

Reason I ask, the data directory on our server has 147,000 files in it
(and it's getting rather large). List admins/moderators have this
tendency of not tending to pending requests so it seems that what all
those are. If so, what's the process to manually purge those?