[Mailman-Users] Full Personalization CC: field

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 1 00:39:54 CET 2005

Pantejo, Barbara wrote:

>I turned on Full Personalization under the Non-Digestable area, but I
>noticed that the name of the mailing list (i.e. the mailing list
>description) was sent in the CC: field. What should I do to empty the CC:
>field or at least don't send the name of the mailing list in the CC: field?

This is done intentionally so that the list address is in a header to
facilitate replies to the list. It is not done if the list is set for
"reply goes to list" as the list address is already in Reply-To: in
this case. Also, beginning with 2.1.6 (or with the patch at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1117618&group_id=103&atid=300103),
it is not done if the list is "anonymous" as the list address is
already in From: and Reply-To: in that case.

If the list is fully personalized, not anonymous and not "reply goes to
list", the list description and address will be placed in Cc: unless
you change the code in Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py to do otherwise.