[Mailman-Users] Subscribe not functioning

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jun 28 04:47:56 CEST 2005

rdembski at sbcglobal.net wrote:

>External subscribing is not working thru either the
>web interface or the list-subscribe at hostname.org
>method.  There is no confirmation message being
>sent...  I can subscribe locally thru email, can
>manually add addresses thru the admin interface, and
>can even send/receive list mail from any
>already-subscribed address with no problem.

Can an external user post successfully?

If an internal user can successfully subscribe by e-mail, but an
external user can't, I think it must be an Exim configuration issue.

Can internal users subscribe via the web and external users not? I
can't offhand understand what might cause this.

>I've looked thru the FAQ, the FAQ wizard, searched
>this lists' archives the best I can, and still cannot
>find anything similar enough to suggest a problem/fix.
>
>I'm using Mailman 2.1.6rc4, Exim 3 on Debian GNU/Linux
>3.

Have you looked at
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.019.htp