[Mailman-Users] virtual domain lists

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jun 28 02:56:59 CEST 2005

Christian Anton wrote:

>i am running mailman 2.1.5 with the mailman-virtual patch for some virtual
>domains.
>Because of the usage of suexec on my Webserver i have every vhost running its
>CGI's with another UID on the system. For being able to access the
>mailman-binaries i have to create a new vhost that ist only for this, for
>example "lists.domain.tld", configuring in this vhost that cgi's are executed
>with the UID 'mailman'.

>the webpages of the list must be lists at mglug.de.

Do you mean lists.mglug.de?

>I have read the documentation and i think that add_virtualhost(<URL_HOST>,
><MAIL_HOST>) has to be what i want, so that when i create a list with the
>command:
>
>bin/newlist list at mglug.de

If you carefully read 'bin/newlist --help' you will see the command you
want is

bin/newlist list at lists.mglug.de

i.e., listname at url_host, not listname at email_host

I know this is confusing and it has been addressed in 2.1.6 by adding
new options so you could do

bin/newlist list --urlhost=lists.mglug.de

but this won't work in 2.1.5.