[Mailman-Users] Bouncing

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jun 26 18:59:47 CEST 2005

PeteBell wrote:

>Every so often I get a message, as list admin, that soemone has been
>"removed" from the list (NOT "unsubscribed", but "removed").
>
>1. Does this mean they have been deleted because of persistent bounces?

This message comes from the adminunsubscribeack.txt template. This
template is used by the ApprovedDeleteMember() method to notify the
administrator when admin_notify_mchanges is true.
ApprovedDeleteMember() is used by bounce processing, but it is also
used directly or indirectly for most (all?) unsubscribes for any
reason.

So the real question is do you ever get a notice that says
"unsubscribed" rather than "removed".