[Mailman-Users] Mailman was working, then stopped

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Sun Jun 26 15:44:18 CEST 2005

Dina Hornreich wrote:
> This is my problem-- but I don't understand the solution!
> Can someone translate this solution for me?
>
> "What about your Queue Runners?
> ps auxx|grep -i QR
> If they aren't running, that's your problem."
>
> Thanks....
That is a ps command (process status (with a bug, see below), and a grep
command looking for the
Mailman qrunner processes.

Issue the following command on your system (assumes Linux or a BSD based
system):

 ps auxxw|grep  -i qr

This will look through the processes running on your system and if it
doesn't show 8 lines
Then your queue runners aren't running.

If they aren't running, issue as root:

/path/to/mailman/home/bin/mailmanctl start

And arrange for that command to be issued at system boot.

LER

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 3535 Gaspar Drive, Dallas, TX 75220-3611 US