[Mailman-Users] Need assistance trouble shooting problem after moving Mailman from one box to another moving Mailman from one box to another

Bill Landry billl at inetmsg.com
Thu Jun 23 00:03:28 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Waters" <waterstc+ at pitt.edu>

> Thanks to everyone who has emailed me with assistance so far.  I have
> some follow up questions:
>
> Following FAQ 3.1.4, I ran check perms.  I see a print out of perms.
> does this command just tell you what they should be; does it fix them?
>
> As per Aliases, the FAQ  is confusing to me, but may be the cause of
> my problems.  I do not understand how to tell if postfix is
> recognizing the ~mailman/data/aliases file.

You should have an entry in your Postfix main.cf like (pointing to your
correct aliases paths):

alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases

As long as the permission are set correctly on your Mailman aliases file,
things should be fine.  You can check the permissions on your Mailman files
by running:

bin/check_perms

This will report any incorrect file/group permissions, or, to correct any
file/group permissions issues, run as root:

check_perms -f

> How do I rebuild the aliases.db file?

bin/genaliases

Bill