[Mailman-Users] Postfix, Amavis and mailhost

Sythos sythos at sythos.net
Wed Jun 22 09:50:31 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 01:41:05AM +0200, Jan Kohnert wrote:
> But I have one performance problem:
> If a message arrives at my server, it is checked by amavis. If the recipient
> is the list, it it passed to mailman, which the message puts back to postfix
> and then it is checked twice by amavis...
> So my question:
> Is it possible to tell mailman to deliver to the postfix instance, which
> delivers finally? Something like adding the port of my final delivery
> instance to the mailhost variable (mail.relay.tld:Port instead of
> mail.relay.tld)?

create in main.cf another SMTP service (on port 20025 for example) with
param "content_filter=", so, tell mailman to use as mailserver
"localhost:20025".
Now, if all work correctly (detail on manpage and doc) when email arrive
smtp:25 pass it to postfix+amavis, mailman (already received&checked
email) send to smtp:20025 (postix w/o amavis).

Another way is use "transport", all *@yourdomain.tld go to
amavis_listening_port, all other to postfix smtp:25 (w/o content_filter,
amavis send back postfix email as soon as it check content)

--

Sythos - http://www.sythos.net
  ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against html/rtf/vCard in mail