[Mailman-Users] Large list problem

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Jun 17 03:57:29 CEST 2005

At 7:46 AM -0500 2005-06-16, Chance Eppinette wrote:

>  I believe the culprit to be a combination of managing the number of bounces
>  due to the size of the list membership.

	Check the FAQ at <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py> and
search for things like "performance" and "large".  I suspect you may
be running into Python locking issues, but you may also be having
some filesystem or disk subsystem problems.  A lot of discussion has
occurred on the list regarding "large" mailing lists (e.g., those
with 100k subscribers or more), and we've tried to encode this
information in the FAQ, with links to good threads in the archives,
etc....

	Before going too much further, I'd recommend checking the FAQ,
searching the archives, etc....

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755