[Mailman-Users] privacy alert

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jun 16 01:30:56 CEST 2005

Sean wrote:

>I was unable to find a template for the privacy alerts that Mailman sends
>out when an attempt is made to subscribe an address that is already
>subscribe to the list.

That's because it's not a template.

>Where is text that Mailman uses to generate these
>messages?

It is coded directly in Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py

>I would like to edit the text to include the IP address that made the
>subscribe attempt like it is include in the verify.txt.

You can edit the text in the above module. I think you can use
%(remote)s in this text to get the IP address.

If you are concerned about languages other than English, you also have
to edit the corresponding messages/<language>/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po
and then regenerate the corresponding mailman.mo file using
bin/msgfmt.py.