[Mailman-Users] 2.1.5 fedora core 3 prevent mailbody problem

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 16:31:22 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 09:50 +0100, Andy Heath wrote:
> If someone could do an ls -R or ls -lR (if there are links)
> of a 2.1.5 mailman directory  and post it it would help figure
> out where fedora puts all the pieces (I'll build a list of
> links from it so it looks like a normal mailman directory and
> I can work with it more easily).

There are two much easier ways to get this information:

1) read the documentation (/usr/share/doc/mailman-*/INSTALL.REDHAT)

2) rpm -ql mailman (-ql prints a package file list)

> OFF-TOPIC below:
>
> Standards compliance (fedora) is one thing (I work in standards)
> but when everyone already has a fine standard (put it in the
> mailman user directory) and the community has no plans
> to change that then i find it very silly to just throw
> that away

The directory change was dictated by the need to integrate with the
SELinux security policy. This is a positive technology advancement.

Adhering to the FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard) is a stated goal and
appreciated by many.

Most people prefer distributions that integrate packages into a coherent
system that follow established rules.

Individual package defaults are not a standard.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>