[Mailman-Users] Insert character to footer

Terry Allen hmag at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jun 13 00:03:00 CEST 2005

>>  I wish to insert an ampersand (&) into the footer, but >>when I
>>  use plain &, it generates & into the footer. Should I >>enclose it
>>  in some way?

>1.  Create a plain text file in /bin named "footer".  Make >your footer there
>like this:

>msg_footer="""______________________________________________________________________
>Insert the text you want here & make it real nice.
>%(real_name)s mailing list
>%real_name)s@%(host_name)s
>%web_page_url)slistinfo%cgiext)s/%_internal_name)s
>"""

>2.  Then run /bin/config_list -i foot listname

>That should do it.  But if you change the footer via the >web interface, you
>will screw it up.  Change the /bin/footer file instead.

>This technique will allow you to use double quotes and >other problematic
>characters.  - John

Hi again,
	Thanks for the feedback. I did change the footer using the
web interface, but it didn't screw up anything except add the &
into the footer.
	Out of interest, if I use the method you describe above, does
it alter any other lists, or only the one you apply to the list you
issue the command on?
	I guess the other minor question I have is - what if I then
wish to apply other footers to other lists?
	Should your command actually read:

/bin/config_list -i footer listname

instead of :

/bin/config_list -i foot listname

	I'm only guessing that the command needs the name of the file
- in which case I'd name the file 'listname_footer' or something
similar. Thanks again for your help.
--

	Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
	hEARd, 26B Glenning Rd,	Glenning Valley, NSW 2261, Australia
Internet -
	WWW: http://heard.com.au http://itavservices.com
EMAIL: hmag at ozemail.com.au
Phone: Australia - 02 4388 1400 / International - + 61 2 43881400
Mobile: Australia - 04 28881400 / International - 61 4 28881400