[Mailman-Users] after check_perms -f -- cgis no longer work

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Thu Jun 9 22:33:14 CEST 2005

Hi

On a gentoo linux box with a from source made 2.1.5 (not from
emerge), mailman was happily running, except some archives were not
being updated.  I ran a bin/check_perms -f and now the cgis (listinfo
or any of them) are no longer working and the apache error log shows
the (infamous) "Premature end of script headers: /web/xxxx.com/
mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo" error.

Neither mailman or apache have been updated recently and before the
check_perms it was working fine.  If I go in as mailman and run the
cgi listinfo at the command line, for example, it dumps the right html.

I went back and looked at the config in the mailman source and it has
good cgi_gid set for example.

I am stumped. I have messed around with the permissions and ownership
of the cgi and run check_perms -f a few times (says no problems) but
the cgis won't run.

Any hints or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC