[Mailman-Users] Permitted IP Address?

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Wed Jun 8 01:46:30 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 01:02:10PM -0700, Bill Landry wrote:
> We have a script that will send out automated service notification messages
> to different lists.  Is there a way to configure Mailman to allow posts to
> any lists from a specific IP address, that of the script server?

If you taught your script the password for each of the lists,
it could add an Approved: header to the messages it crafts.

A cleaner way would be to add a stage early in the pipeline of
handler modules that identified messages from the script (by IP
address in a received header, or a special header that would be
hard to forge) and set 'approved' and 'adminapproved' for the
message.  (See Mailman/Handlers/Approve.py and SpamDetect.py
for starting places.)

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/