[Mailman-Users] Customizing Rejection notice with 2.1.6?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jun 7 02:57:56 CEST 2005

David Gibbs wrote:

>I just upgraded to 2.1.6 and tried to customize the non-member rejection
>notice by editing the 'nonmember_rejection_notice' value.
>
>However, when a non-member posts and I reject it, the old "Non-members
>are not allowed to post messages to this list." message is being sent.

The message only applies to posts automatically rejected for
reject_these_nonmembers match and generic_nonmember_action reject.

Posts rejected through the admindb interface still get the reject
message primed with the generic 'Non-members are not allowed to post
messages to this list.' message. You can change this through the
admindb interface when you reject the message, but it requires you to
type or paste the reject message each time.