[Mailman-Users] First-time poster...

Bill Landry billl at inetmsg.com
Tue Jun 7 00:07:42 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Dennis" <jdennis at redhat.com>

> On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 12:48 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> And did that say anything about a group mismatch error? Or is there
>> anything in Mailman's 'error' log?
>>
>> If you're getting group mismatch errors, see FAQ article 6.16
>
> FWIW, I don't think this problem will manifest itself as a mailman group
> mismatch error, but I could be wrong.
>
> Thinking about this a bit more I suspect Bill may have modified the
> user/group on the alias file and/or modified the mailman account
> information while postfix was running, but did not restart postfix. I
> haven't looked at the postfix code but I wouldn't be surprised if
> postfix when it starts gets file information on all its input files
> referenced in main.cf and stores that information. If that information
> was altered while postfix was running it would likely get confused
> because it may be using id's that no longer exist.

John, I've tried to make sure that I either reload or restart Postfix and
Mailman after each config or file permissions change.  Thanks for the help
guys, it is very much appreciated.  I've posted the issue to the Postfix
list, so if I can find a resolution there, I will post it back here.  If you
can think of anything else I should look at, please let me know.

Thanks again!

Bill