[Mailman-Users] First-time poster...

Bill Landry billl at inetmsg.com
Mon Jun 6 18:58:41 CEST 2005

Hello list members!

I have setup a list server running on Fedora Core 2, with Postfix 2.2.3,
Mailman 2.1.5, and Python 2.3.4.  I think I followed the Mailman setup and
configuration guidelines correctly, but am having a problem that I cannot
find resolution to via google nor by a search of the Mailman list archives.

When sending a message to a test list, the message sits in the queue and
Postfix reports in the maillog:

Jun  6 09:04:55 lists postfix/qmgr[19892]: E16EA6FE2C:
from=<test-bounces at lists.siemensmedical.com>, size=1215, nrcpt=1 (queue
active)
Jun  6 09:04:55 lists postfix/local[19915]: warning: cannot find alias
database owner for hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases(0,34100)

The permissions on the aliases* files are:

ls -l /usr/local/mailman/data/alias*
-rw-rw----  1 mailman mailman 107000 Jun  6 08:59 aliases
-rw-r-----  1 mailman mailman 167936 Jun  6 08:59 aliases.db

If anyone has any suggestions on how I might resolve this, I would greatly
appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

Bill