[Mailman-Users] Migration from Linux to MacOSX

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Mon Jun 6 04:31:59 CEST 2005

On 6/5/05 3:41 PM, Heather Madrone at heather at madrone.com wrote:

> I'm running Mailman on OSX 10.2.8.  The setup was straightforward
> Installation varies depending on which version of OSX you're running,
> and your preferred MTA.  For some reason, a lot of versions of OSX
> come with sendmail preinstalled while others have postfix or nothing.

MacOSX through Jaguar (10.2.x) came with sendmail. Panther (10.3.x) and
later comes with Postfix.

Lots of stuff available if you search on setting up mailman on Jaguar or
Panther. I also have it running on Tiger on my test system. That was an
upgrade from Panther and involved minimal work to get it working again
(primarily in the Apache configuration). I hope to get it documented soon.

-- Larry Stone
   lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
   http://www.stonejongleux.com/