[Mailman-Users] Missing pending requests

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jun 6 03:18:28 CEST 2005

Nigel Allen wrote:

>Sorry - should have added:
>
>Follow the link in the notification email but get a:
>

>> Mailman Administrative Database
>> There are no pending requests.
>

>N/
>

>On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 10:38, Nigel Allen wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Ever since we had a screwed up mailman list and corrected it, we have
>> been getting the message below.

>> > for your consideration at:
>> >
>> >         http://www.foo.bar/mailman/admindb/mailman
>> >
>> > Please attend to this at your earliest convenience.  This notice of
>> > pending requests, if any, will be sent out daily.
>> >

>> We've deleted the xxx mailing list and recreated it but still get the
>> same message every morning.
>>
>> Can anyone enlighten me as to what triggers this please? I just want to
>> get rid of them. They were an "accidental" subscribe

Both cron/checkdbs which sends the daily reminder and Cgi/admindb.py
which produces the

>> Mailman Administrative Database
>> There are no pending requests.

message use the exact same method mlist.NumPendingRequests() to
determine how many requests there are. I don't see how they can
produce different results unless they are somehow importing different
versions of ListAdmin.py where the NumPendingRequests() method is
defined.

There was a change from 2.1.4 to 2.1.5. The earlier versions keep the
requests in a marshal lists/<listname>/request.db, and 2.1.5 and up
keep them in a pickle lists/<listname>/request.pck.

Do you possibly have an older Mailman version in a different location
and referenced by the cron jobs?

One thing you can do is go to the lists/<listname>/ directory and
remove request\.* and then go to the admindb page for the list which
will create a new request.pck (assuming 2.1.5+) just by virtue of your
visiting the page. This may help.