[Mailman-Users] What is the problem when...

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Sat Jun 4 16:21:37 CEST 2005

On 6/4/05 4:51 AM, "PeteBell" <macbantam at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> And is there any reason why emails to a mailman list from Gmail
> accounts should not get sent out?

Well, Gmail inserts the very very long--and with few whitespace
interludes--domain keys header.  When I read one of those headers in Eudora
(Macintosh, of course), Eudora breaks it on screen in such a way that it
*appears* to break the header sequence.

That isn't so, as I found by widening the Eudora window across a screen and
a half...the header really is just one long line of--to be kind--stuff.

Mailman (probably the Python Email module) may be having trouble with that.

If the domain keys header is the problem, and it relates to the email
module, poor Barry...he just tuned that up.

  --John