[Mailman-Users] Backing up list settings

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Jun 3 17:49:12 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 08:33:40AM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Matthew Newton wrote:
> >In my system scripts, before I remove a list, I would like to backup the
> >list including all settings and the mail archives.
>
> Yes, This would back up everything you would need to restore the list
> and its archives. It ignores the problem of partially processed
> messages still in a queue, but this is not usually of much concern,
> especially if you're shutting down the list.

Great, thanks. You're right: I don't care about partially processed
messages, just subscriber (and their settings), the main list settings
and the archives.

Thanks!

--
Matthew Newton <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

UNIX and e-mail Systems Administrator, Network Support Section,
Computer Centre, University of Leicester,
Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom