[Mailman-Users] how can moderators automatically subscribe users?

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Fri Jun 3 15:47:08 CEST 2005

Thank you for your comments, John.

As a matter of fact that's what I ended up doing. I created a separate alias
(like list-command), which pipes the message through another program, and
the program then parses the message for commands (currently only
subscribe/unsubscribe), and then runs the mailman command line programs to
perform the action. The commands have to be preceded by an approval
password. This is very similar to the way majordomo works. But I'd rather
use mailman.

The reason I need to focus on email commands, is because I have a couple of
lists that are managed by a person who is blind, and uses email as the main
tool for management. He is still very capable of using the web, but it's
much easier and not so cluttered. It's amazing what some voice tools out
there enable visually impaired people to do.

Ricardo