[Mailman-Users] Template Editing

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 3 03:18:29 CEST 2005

Bonnie Lungren at WEI wrote:

>I have not been able to find a way to get to the templates to edit them,
>particularly the first subscription confirmation notice. It includes our
>IP address in the first paragraph and I want to change that to our
>company name.

The template you describe is (english version) at
templates/en/verify.txt. Other languages are at
templates/<lang>/verify.txt.

Instruction on where to put edited templates are in the FAQ - article
4.48.

>Please be specific on how to get to the templates. I am a newbee, and a
>generic answer will not help at all.

In order to access and edit the templates you need shell (or possibly
FTP) access with sufficient permission (usually the mailman userid or
root) to the machine that runs mailman.