[Mailman-Users] Digest Sending Questions

Dan Phillips dhphllps at memphis.edu
Fri Jul 29 15:33:22 CEST 2005

On Jul 29, 2005, at 6:26 AM, Larry Stone wrote:

> On 7/29/05 5:45 AM, David Scribner at BIConsulting at blackiris.com
> wrote:
>> I am using the Apple supplied Mailman as part of OSX 10.2.4 SERVER.
>> How can I tell is the cron jobs were/are enabled?  I'm not a UNIX
>> "geek" so I usually depend on the GUI parts of OSX Server.
>>

> Ah... If it were a self-installed mailman on non-Server OS X, we
> can be a
> lot of help. But there seems to be little knowledge here of Apple's
> somewhat
> proprietary installation of Mailman on OS X Server. Reports
> indicate that
> there is a lot non-standard about how Apple installed it.

I first installed Mailman 2.0.13 from source on Jaguar server and
have updated it to 2.1.6, but recently began using a default Apple
install on Tiger Server. There's really very little done differently
that I can see, other than the system unexpectedly changing my
settings in mm_cfg.py on occasion. The big difference is splitting
into var and /usr/share directories.

In any case, the Mailman crontab is standard.

David, run "sudo crontab -u mailman -l" in the Terminal app and look
for this line:

# Noon, mail digests for lists that do periodic as well as threshhold
delivery.
0 12 * * * /usr/bin/python -S /usr/share/mailman/cron/senddigests

Read man crontab for instructions on how to edit it.

Dan