[Mailman-Users] Is this a mailman or postfix error?

roy vinner roypivn at indiana.edu
Fri Jul 29 00:03:44 CEST 2005

Hi Jan,

Jan Kohnert wrote:

<...>
>>[mailman at nrg mailman-2.1.6]$ /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman request try
>>Failure to find group name mailman.  Try adding this group
>>to your system, or re-run configure, providing an
>>existing group name with the command line option --with-mail-gid.
>

> This message says it all. Why not adding group mailman to your system? Be sure
> gid is set to the gid of your mailman installation.

Well, I had added the group mailman before configuring mailman, as per
installation instructions.
It is there, and I can see it with a gui interface (I run Mandrake
10.1). But, for some reason, mailman cannot find it.

If you have any leads as to why, I'll provide with any necessary
information.

Thank you for your time and help!

Roy