[Mailman-Users] thousands of lists

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Jul 28 10:36:48 CEST 2005

At 12:55 AM -0400 2005-07-28, ross at jose.lug.udel.edu wrote:

>  While I can't address your question directly, I can say that this
>  isn't an issue.  Just use ReiserFS or set your ext2/3 filesystems to
>  use dir_index.  Either one will give you hashed directory lookups and
>  resolve this performance issue.

	Not everyone in the world uses Linux.

>  In general, I know that sourceforge.net uses Mailman for their lists.
>  The product gloss on the Realtime stats page claims 75,000+ projects.
>  Not sure how they manage them though.

	I've spoken to the SourceForge maintainers.  They haven't given
me a lot of detail, but I understand that they're planning on
switching to something else.  There's a lot of stuff about the way
they work that don't mesh well with the way Mailman does things.  We
might be able to correct some of those problems with Mailman3, but
that may or may not arrive in time for them.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755