[Mailman-Users] unsubscribe without confirmation

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jul 27 17:52:07 CEST 2005

Sintz, James wrote:

E-mail unsub requests require confirmation to prevent spoofed requests
from succeeding. The user can avoid the confirmation by providing
his/her password with the e-mailed unsubscribe command, but this only
works if an unsubscribe command is mailed to the listname-request
address. Mail to the listname-leave or listname-unsubscribe address is
not parsed for commands and is treated as if it just contained a plain
'unsubscribe'.

Send mail with subject 'help' (w/o the quotes) to the listname-request
address for more info on the unsubscribe command.